What are the costs involved when letting my property?

Energy Performance Certificate
An EPC, which you will need to make available to prospective tenants no later than 28 days from marketing. Homes on Web can arrange your EPC for you.
Inventory and check-in report
An inventory and check-in report, which should be organised before a tenant moves in. Costs vary depending on the size of the property.
Letting agent Fees
Your Letting agent fee, which is usually payable when a tenant is introduced and enters into an agreement to let the property.
Gas Safety Certificate
A gas safety certificate will be required, A gas safety record is in place to ensure that all gas appliances, pipes and flues are in safe working order.it must be carried out by a qualified gas safe register engineer. This must be checked every 12 months.
Electrical Safety Certificate
An electrical safety certificate will be required from 1st July 2020 the electrical inspection will be required every 5 years.

Are there any additional marketing costs?

Homes on Web include all marketing expenses within our letting fees

Who will conduct the viewings on my property?

Homes on Web will accompany all viewings during our opening hours.

What is an EPC & how long will it be valid for?

An EPC Energy Performance Certificate measures the energy efficiency of a property using a scale of A-G and is valid for 10 years. It is a legal requirement for landlords to have a valid EPC before their property is let.

How much will it cost to have my property managed?

Homes on Web Lettings Management fee is 11% plus vat.


Do I need an up to date gas safety certificate?

A copy of the current gas safety certificate must be given to the tenant no later than 28 days after moving into the property. A gas safety record is in place to ensure that all gas appliances, pipes and flues are in safe working order and must be carried out by a qualified gas safe register engineer. This must be checked every 12 months.

Can I enter my property during the tenancy?

You need to give the tenant appropriate notice before you can enter the property.

What is a periodic visit?

The landlord or Homes on Web gives the tenant notice that they will be visiting the property to check it is being looked after, and to check for any potential maintenance issues. This will usually be every 6 months.

How much is the tenant's deposit and what happens to it?

This will be the equivalent of 5 Weeks rent and is payable upon the signing of the Tenancy Agreement. The deposit for an Assured Shorthold Tenancy (AST) will be registered with the Deposit Protection Service within 30 days.

How much does an inventory cost and who is responsible for organising this?

Prices vary depending on the size of your property, but as an example a 2-bed unfurnished property will be £140.
Homes on Web will be able to organise an inventory on your behalf.

How long does it take to receive my rent once paid by the tenant?

You should receive your rent within 3-5 working days of the rental due date each month. The due date is typically, although not always, the date on which the tenant moved in.

What happens if there is a maintenance problem?

If Homes on Web are fully managing the property, we will be handling all reported maintenance issues along the way. We will always contact the landlord before we go ahead with any repairs on the property. In extreme circumstances, if the matter is of an urgent nature and the landlord cannot be contacted for 3 hours, will we act

Why should I choose fully managed?

Choosing a Fully Managed service allows you to completely relax which means you never have to worry about the Let. Creating a professional distance between you and the tenant means you can avoid having to deal with any potential rent arrears and disputes.

Do I need to get my electrical appliances checked?

You are required to ensure that any electrical devices within the property are safe for use. All tenancies From 1st July 2020 will require an electrical safety certificate and your electric supply requires testing every 5 years.

What if the tenant damages the property?

Either the tenant pays to fix the damage or the cost for fixing the damage is deducted from the tenant’s security deposit at the end of the tenancy. This is where a periodic six-monthly property inspection  helps, as Homes on Web can assess the condition on a regular basis and advises the tenant accordingly, However, fair wear and tear should be allowed for.


Do I need smoke alarms?

Yes, as a legal requirement, you need a working smoke alarm on all levels of the property, Homes on Web also recommend having a carbon monoxide alarm fitted in the property for peace of mind.

Share This