Bury Field Common
Bury Field is first recorded as a Common in the market town of Newport Pagnell in 1276. More than one hundred properties in the town are registered as having a Right of Common under the Commons Registration Act 1965. The freeholders of these properties are referred to as Commoners and are thus members of the Commoners Association. The current Lord of the Manor is Milton Keynes Borough Council.
The Common is an important and historic asset of Newport Pagnell and worthy of effort to ensure that it is appropriately used for the benefit of residents and visitors to the town. The Lord of the Manor and the elected Management Committee of the Commoners work very closely to achieve these ends.