WHY SHOULD YOU LET WITH US?
we are dedicated to putting the needs of our customers first...
Our marketing strategy gives our clients the security that we have generated the best possible price for their home whilst receiving a service where the value far outweighs the cost.
Letting your property can be a stressful task and something that can leave a lasting imprint on the rest of your life. With years of experience, our team at Homes On Web aim to take the strain away and allow you to concentrate on the more pleasurable things in life.
Homes On Web are proud to be able to offer you the full spectrum of property letting and management services under one roof. This is made possible by the experience, skill and expertise of our Lettings Team and ensuring we are well placed to have a detailed understanding of the lettings and management process which in turn allows us to be able to give our customers the best possible service.
Landlords have come to expect extensive knowledge and expertise from the agency they will trust with letting what is probably their biggest asset.
In an extremely varied area such as Milton Keynes, it is imperative to use an agent that has experience and knowledge of the local market. With over 45 years combined experience, this is something that our team can certainly offer. The rental market can be very competitive, so in order to obtain the best possible tenants and achieve the best price for the property it is crucial to make yours stand out from the rest.
- Interior walls should be neutral colours and carpets plain.
- Fabrics and Furnishings (if applicable) should be of suitable quality to be able to withstand reasonable wear and tear.
- If you have pets, it is advisable to take them for a walk during the viewings and to eliminate any odour if required.
- First impressions are vital, so the front door and hall area should be clean, tidy and clear of any obstructions.
- The property should be clean and well-aired throughout and the garden (where applicable) kept tidy.
- If the weather is cold, heating should be turned on and, in warmer conditions, windows opened.
Important things to know
VIEW THE LiST
- Written consent must be obtained from your mortgage provider/freeholder (if the property is leasehold).
- Your insurance company must be notified that the property is to be rented out and appropriate insurance obtained for a tenanted property. There are specialist insurance companies who can provide this and we are happy to assist you if required.
- The Inland Revenue must also be informed within six months of letting your property, flat or apartment in the UK. Failure to do so may mean you could incur penalties, interest and other consequences. The Inland Revenue has been known to deal harshly with landlords who do not declare rental income and it is always best to seek advice on tax planning and capital gains tax from a fully qualified accountant.
- Mail should be redirected with the Post Office to avoid anything important going astray.
- Further copies of keys will need to be provided, including any communal door keys. At least two sets will be required if you have Management Agents acting for you.
- Utilities such as gas/electricity/water/telephone and council tax will have to be transferred into the name of the new tenant(s).
- It is essential to appoint a professional to prepare an inventory and undertake a check in. An inventory is an important legal document which forms an integral part of the tenancy agreement and as such it is a false economy to prepare your own in most cases.
- The inventory is required whether the property to let is furnished or unfurnished. Accurate descriptions of the overall condition of wall/floor coverings, kitchen and bathroom fittings, to name but a few, are essential as money cannot be withheld from the tenant’s deposit unless the loss or damage is proved to have been caused by the tenant.
In the event that any dispute concerning loss or damage to your property is not amicably resolved then the matter will be referred to the courts and arbitration. It should be noted that any judgement will be on the basis of written documentation – the inventory.
Our Lettings awards
Rightmove and Property Academy teamed up to create The Best Estate Agent Guide by mapping out the perfect customer experience. They assessed over 25,000 Estate Agents across the UK which they scored against a unique set of performance and customer service criteria as well as Rightmove’s own data analysis.
The areas they looked at were:
How well the agents’ properties were marketed and performed on Rightmove.
Did the Sale or Let complete? How long did the transaction take and was the transaction successful?
The auditors checked the customer experience with a mystery shop by contacting the agents via email and telephone.
The estate agents market share.
The data analysis involved were:
1 million property listings
1.5 million transactions
25 million leads
1.5 billion property views
50,000 mystery shops (biggest mystery shop ever taken in the industry)
Below are some kind words from happy Landlords
…I felt well informed from the outset, and nothing was too much trouble. They were on hand consistently to answer any questions I had, and I felt confident leaving the letting of my property in their hands for both finding a suitable tenant and management of the property thereafter.
Property setup fee
£350 inc VAT
Re-Letting (New TeNant)
£225.00 inc VAT
11% inc VAT
NO Maintenance Admin Charge
AST Renewal with existing Tenant
£99.00 inc VAT
Termination of Rental Contract Mid-Term
£400 inc VAT
Periodic Property Inspection
£85 inc VAT
Inventory and Schedule of Condition
from £120 inc VAT
£120 inc VAT
£60 inc VAT
Find a Tenant Service
from £750 inc VAT
Life long relationships
“We really wanted to make sure our fees were not only in line with our competition, but excellent value for the service we provide. We take care of everything from start to finish and we hope to build life long relationships with our Landlords and Tenants making their experience the best we possibly can…. .”